Will Detail Administration’s Comprehensive Energy Strategy in Keynote Address
Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy will unveil a series of sweeping energy policy initiatives October 5 at the 13th annual “What’s the Deal?” Business Energy Conference in Cromwell.
The Governor will use his keynote address at the conference, presented by the Connecticut Business & Industry Association and the Connecticut Power and Energy Society, to share his vision for a cheaper, cleaner, and more reliable energy future.
His Comprehensive Energy Strategy, expected to provide the framework for significant legislation when the General Assembly meets next January, will address residential, commercial, and industrial energy needs.
The Governor is scheduled to speak at 9:00 am. Click here for the complete agenda.
Dan Esty, commissioner of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), also will address the conference, which will be held at Cromwell’s Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Keynotes and panel discussions will focus on renewable energy, natural gas, and new programs and policies designed to lower business energy costs. Other speakers include:
- Tracy Babbidge, interim bureau chief, Public Utilities Regulatory Authority
- Jessica Bailey, director, Clean Energy Finance & Investment Authority
- Christie Bradway, manager, Northeast Utilities
- Matt Dunne, manager, U.S. community affairs, Google
- Patrick McDonnel, director, The United Illuminating Company
- Anthony Marone, vice president, The United Illuminating Company
- Carolyn O’Connor, director of external affairs, HQ Energy Services U.S. (HQUS)
- Kenneth Nelson, senior vice president, Element Markets, LLC
- Richard Paglia, vice president, Spectra Energy
- Stephen Possidento, president, PTE Energy
- James Robb, senior vice president, Northeast Utilities
- Susan Rochford, vice president, Legrand North America
- Jessie Stratton, director of policy, DEEP
- Stephen Tagliatela, Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
- Gordon van Welie, president & CEO, ISO New England, Inc.
- Meghan Summers West, operations manager, CNC Software, Inc.
The conference also features an exhibition with dozens of companies showcasing products and services to help businesses reduce energy costs, compete and thrive in today’s global marketplace.
Major sponsors include Energize Connecticut, Pullman & Comley LLC, UIL Holdings Corporation, and UTC Power.
Media wishing to attend the event should contact Ann Marie Raymond (860.224.1957; email@example.com).
CBIA is Connecticut’s largest business organization, with 10,000 member companies. For more information, please contact Ann Marie C. Raymond (860.244.1957; firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the CBIA Newsroom.
The Connecticut Power & Energy Society, Connecticut’s leading association of energy professionals, is dedicated to generating information, sharing ideas and educating Connecticut on energy. Click here for more information about CPES.